Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: McDonald's Monopoly

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Knight_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2005
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    McDonald's Monopoly

    Anyone collecting game pieces?
    It is not how big you are, it is how big you play.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    I hardly eat enough there to play, but it's always cool to see what game pieces you end up with. IIRC, every now and then you can get lucky and get pieces that give you free food. Those are the best! The rest I usually just throw away because they are never put to any sort of use.

    How many years have they been doing this now? Surely it's been several years! I didn't even know they were starting it again this year.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    It always ****ed me off i stopped trying
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    They were doing it in the late 70's when I was at Tech . People were taking out ads in the college paper offering so much money for certain gamepieces . So that's around 30 yrs now . Not sure if they've done it every year .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    i usually get about 10 of the same pieces and 0 of the one I need. I guess thats how the game is designed. I have to agree with milk they **** me of.
    GO VOLS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
    They were doing it in the late 70's when I was at Tech . People were taking out ads in the college paper offering so much money for certain gamepieces . So that's around 30 yrs now . Not sure if they've done it every year .
    I originally thought it was something they started in the late 90's or so, but to hear you say that blows my mind. I would've never would've guessed they had it running for that long!

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I originally thought it was something they started in the late 90's or so, but to hear you say that blows my mind. I would've never would've guessed they had it running for that long!
    That makes 2 of us.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McDonald's Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    That makes 2 of us.
    make that 3
    i thought i started in like 90 or 91
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •